Dear campers and camping parents;

After lengthy consideration and deliberation, we have decided not to run summer camps this year. The reasons are many, but it boils down to the logistics of opening camp when we don’t know when that can happen and the tremendous cost of keeping Simpresca safe for staff and children if we were to open, given the current government guidelines.

Depending on vaccinations and future restrictions, the camp may be open in some form in August, but it will not be for summer camps.

We will cancel all existing reservations for this year and refund your money if you had pre-paid any portion of your registration . An email will go out when the cancellations have been processed.

Even with the camp closed this year, there are still base costs such as insurance and taxes.  With no source of revenue, this is going to be a very challenging year for the camp to get through, and any amount would help us to weather this closure.  Donations can be made to camp by mail to the Registrar, through Canada Helps, or by purchasing some camp merch from  Receipts for tax purposes will be issued.

Thanks for your interest in Camp Simpresca.  Hopefully you will have a safe and healthy summer.


The Camp Simpresca Board of Directors